Tuesday 12 August 2014

7th Favourite Film - The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

Even though this film and the next film are recent films, they still deserve to be on my list, even if that's not for very long.

The Hobbit has not been as apparent to me as L.o.t.R has to me until I heard they were making a movie out of it and that it was being split into three parts. I watched the first one expecting greatness, the same thrill and excitement as the other Middle Earth Trilogy but I was very disappointed. The second film however was amazing! The Dwarves, Gandalf and of course Bilbo seek out to reclaim Erebor from the great and quite poetic dragon, Smaug. The whole action scene where the dwarves try to destroy Smaug was fantastic and it gave you that feeling of rooting for the dwarves. Smaug has a poem that he says at the end of the film describing himself, which sets the next movie (The Battle of the Five Armies) up very perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment