Sunday 10 August 2014

3rd Favourite Film - The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Finally, my third favourite film in the Trilogy and of all time is The Return of the King. A lot of my points throughout the other two films are the same for this film so I'm not going to dwell on them too much. But I am going to talk about why this is my least favourite film of the Trilogy.

Whereas the other two films had more adventure and discoveries in them, the Third film was mainly just hack and slash, which don't get me wrong, I love, but it just doesn't feel like how it should be. But all that aside, the fight scenes are amazing,the CGI capabilities they had were phenomenal and most of all it was they were, at times, the most emotional. This film had balance, with major fight scenes contrasting with emotional scenes of Aragorn and Arwen and Denethor II and Faramir which also included Pippin. Overall, it is a well balanced film but unfortunately doesn't contain enough adventure for me.
P.S. Please don't hate me...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment