Friday 6 February 2015

Making The Music Sound Track - Editing (DRAFT)

In the editing process of the music, it started off quite difficult as I had no previous experience but I got the hang of it quite quickly by just exploring the program. I started by creating a Loop Project which meant that I had a

vast library of loops from a range of instruments.
As the genre for the OTS was Film Noir I thought that the Piano would be a good instrument to start off with but to make it have that jazz feel I added a drum kit loop to keep the music moving forward. After this I added more texture to the piece by
having another piano layer and a bass guitar.

As the OTS got more and more intense as it went on I felt like it needed more than just piano, drums and bass. I added two string layers. Both were playing the same loop but I wanted to have half panned to the left and the other half panned to the right. So I cut one loop in half and put the two halfs in different layers.











To increase the tension, I increased the pitch on the strings, bass and piano. I did this by going into the settings for that layer and increasing the pitch slider. I increased it at regular intervals building tension up more and more.
When I felt that the tension had increased enough, I added a big warp effect to end the tension and bring in the actual film. After this being shown a couple of times to the class they commented on the fact that it wasn't in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment